Every so often I get an email complaining something like “Why do you put women in your tech books? There really aren’t that many women in computing, and your Social Justice Warrior crap really distracts from the content.”
As a tabletop RPG fan, I think I need a handy chart. Roll 1d6, or just pick your favorite answer!
1) If an extra “s” in front of a pronoun wrecks your concentration, maybe your concentration needs help.
2) That’s weird. I’ve worked with lots of women in technology orgs. Maybe you’re not aware of women in tech because they don’t want to work with you.
3) You’re right. Changing pronouns in a book *is* confusing. I’ll write my next book without any male pronouns. Thanks for the suggestion!
4) Men suck. You in particular.
5) (((long stream of really vile obscenities, in multiple languages, carefully chosen to be offensive to multiple cultures simultaneously)))
6) Nice patriarchy you have there. Shame if something happened to it.
I hope this helps clear up any confusion.
3 Replies to “My Form Letter Response”
I love your attitude and your books.
Maybe the problem is with their manliness: they fear to lost ROOT status.
Or they just aspire to have one.
And if you don’t have root in your own life, you fear others who have it in theirs…
And all this time, I thought you wrote about women because they have cooties. 🙂
Comments are closed.